How to Sign Up for Email and Website HostingApril 16, 2010
Los Angeles IT OutsourcingAugust 2, 2011
Follow these steps to check your internet connection:
- Start your browser and try to visit any website.
- If you are unable to access the website, this means that the connection is not alive.
- Try restarting your cable modem or DSL modem.
- If you use a wireless connection, try to restart the wireless router.
- You can also contact Front Desk Los Angeles Tech Support to get the necessary help to fix the problem or contact your Internet service provider (ISP).
Make sure you have the correct IPS scheme for the particular network. This includes: IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS servers. There are few ways to find out what IPS address was assigned.
- Windows 2000/Vista/Xp->Start ->Run->CMD. Run IPCONFIG/All
- On the screen the IP address would be displayed along with many other numbers.
- If you have a router, the common examples of IP address is like: 192.168.0.x, 192.168.1.x or 10.0.0.x
- If your computer is directly connected to the cable modem or DSL, the IP address will be there which will correspond to the information provided by ISP.
- Once, the IP address is found out, the next piece of information that is required is the Subnet Mask. The most common Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0.
- Make sure to have the correct IP address for Default Gateway. If it is with router, then it might have the IP address of the router only.
- DNS servers can also be similar to the Gateway IP.
There can be few possible reasons for not getting the correct IP address like:
- One may have a defective cable, port or network card on the router. One needs to make sure that all the components are in working condition.
- The other possible reason might be that the router might not be configured to DHCP.
You can also double check if the router is properly connected to the internet. You can check the status of the router with the help of web browser. One can also turn off the power of the cable modem/DSL & the router for a minute and reconnect after a minute or so and then restart the computer.
In case you are not able to get the internet connection working, contact either your ISP or Front Desk Tech Support to help fix the problem.